Method 1: Using the Smart Setup Tool
Method 2: Manual Registration
For this method you will need the serial number of the camera, or MAC address, which will start with 00408C or ACCC8E. In addition, you will need the OAK (owner authentication key) which usually comes on a slip of loose paper in the box with the camera and is unique to each camera.
- Gain local access to the camera you are trying to register. You can follow the manual method steps outline in this article: How To Directly Access A Camera
- Once we are logged directly into the camera browse to - Setup > Basic Setup > TCP/IP
- Under "Enable AVHS" change from One-Click enabled to Always
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Save"
- Now from the Dealer page click from the menu on the right
- Select the customer account from the drop down where this camera is going. Then fill in the Serial Number and OAK. You can also give the camera a name or leave the field blank and give the camera a name at a later point in time.
- Once the information is filled out click "Add Camera"
- Repeat these steps for any additional cameras you would like to register
Please note that as soon as a camera makes a connection to our server the password for the "root" account will automatically be scrambled for security.