If you have a camera that has firmware version 8.30.1 or higher and is not connecting to a network share then please read below.
With firmware version 8.30.1 and higher Axis has disabled by default support for SMB 1.0 and 2.0 to increase security on the camera.
To allow a camera running firmware 8.30.1 or higher to connect to a network share running SMB 1.0 or 2.0 please follow these steps:
- Log into your camera by using it's IP address within a browser window
- Go to "Setup"
- Go to System Options
- Go to Advanced
- Go to Plain Config
- Use the drop down menu to select "Storage"
- Look for any Storage device listed as "Network Share" in the Disk ID field
- In the "Extra mount options" please type in "vers=1.0"
- Repeat for any other Storage devices listed as Network Share
- Click Save
Now your camera will be able to connect to the network share.